November 4, 2000
Karma vs. Luck
- Our belief is that Karma cannot be broken.
- But society as it advances each step breaks up what was believed
to be karma up to that point.
- Whatever the Truth of karma or not, civilization by its progress,
development of science, discovery of technology, organisation,
urbanization, etc. has been breaking karma a little step by step.
- In the more affluent countries, as well as in the more affluent
sections of the community, karma is less believed in and acted upon.
- In that sense, karma is an ignorance, maybe a superstition.
- Still there are instances where the pre-ordained nature is seen,
events are predicted, even as to what a person would eat for a meal.
- Karma is true so long as man accepts it. It is not true when he
- So far, this is a consideration of karma and how it can be
- The reverse of karma is luck.
- The same arguments can be reversed and we can argue that luck can
- We see the evidence of karma, the creation of luck in a certain
measure in the lives of devotees.
- We see that all these come to an end, beyond which the mind
refuses to think. Maybe it is again karma in another form.
- Is there a beyond? If so, do we want to reach there? If so, how?
- There is a beyond. We can reach there in the measure we are
willing to take effort.
- What is that effort?
- Creation came into existence by Knowledge turning into Ignorance.
- It is up to us to cherish either Ignorance or Knowledge.
- By deciding to give up Ignorance and aspiring for Knowledge, one
can rise as high as he chooses.
- Will you make that choice?
- At the moment of choice, there will be a surge of energy.
- That energy can be directed into a force of personality, organised
into power and can be made to deliver the results through skill.
- The results will depend upon the values you cherish.
- Truthfulness, self-giving, self-existent Joy are high values.
- These values can give one the Spiritual knowledge of anything,
- That knowledge can be converted into power by expressing your
personality in a field of work, e.g. to get the appointment or working in
Thus converted into power, it will reveal as MONEY of the size of your