Series I 201-300 301-400 401-500 501-600 601-700 701-800 801-900 901-1000
T = truisms of life the world knows;
E = extension of their ideas applied to life situations;
& = ideas known to be their own
201) Material compliance of duty.
Spiritual aspiration for the soul.
Doing a work for the sake of authority, duty or result will unfailingly bring the result.
In doing the same thing, knowing its spiritual significance for the sake of ones own inner progress, one will blossom.
Prayer is unfailing. When the heart knows the spiritual truth of Mother in addition to the granted prayer, life expands and the soul takes wings in the wideness of the spirit. E
202) Concentration and consecration are the same process; one is in essence and the other is in material fact. The one belongs to yoga of release, the other to the yoga of transformation. E
203) Surrender matures into yoga when it discovers the Infinite in the finite.
To be able to see the head in the feet, to discover God in the boss, to know the great soul in a small man, to see the husband is the Ishwara (Lord), to see the wife as Shakti , is to complete the surrender so as to secure the yogic results. T
204) Understanding is enough for the mind to transform. Understanding is not enough for the vital; it needs an attitude. Neither is enough for the body. It needs to act from inside itself. E
205) Lack of inner harmony expresses as sadness in the weak and harshness in the strong. T
206) Inner harmony maturing into unity makes for outer benevolence and sweetness. T
207) Prostration is the symbol of physical surrender. Ready acceptance of anothers strength (or the strength of weakness!) is vital surrender. Total respect for every other opinion is mental surrender.
True humility is to be aware that one does not know anything. That translates in behaviour as fully respecting anothers position whatever it is. T
208) Man accomplishes, moved by an emotional ideal or urge which comes from the family, personal success or patriotism. Man will accomplish in YOGA if his emotions urge him to belong more and more to MOTHER. T
209) Skill, selfishness, smallness or any other narrow endowment sometimes achieve what the age does not have or is not able to conceive of. They remain localised, isolated, unrecognised, shining great achievements. T
210) When capacity, selflessness, greatness or any other wide endowment achieves, it is able to give it to all the world. T
211) Individual accomplishments however great remain individual. For them to become collective gains, the individual has to expand into wider collective dimensions. T
212) Power, character, values.
Form of force is Power.
Form of mind is character (properties, qualities).
Form of soul is value. T
213) Yoga is conscious evolution. Even our faith in Mother is unconscious. It is worthwhile making it conscious. E
214) If a thing comes back to your mind an infinite number of times, it means you are fully interested in it. Your consciousness is of that level. T
215) Silent will achieves what was refused when requested. Absence of thought brings an understanding which defied thought. T
216) Man seeks the greatest enjoyment in
Seeking to enjoy Mother in each act is a yoga siddhi. T
217) As society advances, what only adventuring individuals can attempt becomes possible for other ordinary men. Society even fashions institutions for that purpose. MOTHER is an institutionalised consciousness for ordinary men to accomplish the Supermind. E
218) Calling Mother:
First move away from your personality traits and then call. It is full, rich, energizing and enjoyable. Calling Mother from the personality trait is exhausting, tiring and frustrating. E
219) Being able to control sensations brings infinite power into you. T
220) Going into higher ranges of mind is ascent. Going into the depths is descent. Integration is to rise by going into the depths. T
221) Force becomes conscious when surrender is enjoyable. Surrender becoming enjoyable is the process of MAN becoming aware of his divinity. E
222) The nearest human state to surrender is MAN submitting to lesser authority out of affection in self-effacing acts of humility and joy. T
223) In all efforts to give up the lower, a better strategy will be to concentrate on the higher. T
224) A work like a political programme or a personal decision of importance is made on several conditions known only to the participants. An opinion is formed outside which has little relevance to the inside factors. With each inside factor coming out, that opinion is radically changed. A valid understanding of the act emerges with the passing of time.
All opinions of that act are based on one fact irrelevant to the whole. T
225) Time is a creation of the mind. Hence the faith of mind in the auspicious nature of time is determinative. T
226) An hour is auspicious when a devotee initiates a work because his work and its initiation makes the hour auspicious. E
227) When the mind abdicates, 9 out of 10 people will die. &
228) Methods of Integral Yoga in summary form:
a) Psychic transformation
b) Liberation of the soul by surrender of ego
c) Dissolution of ego
Emergence of the psychic
Conversion of nature into supernature
Integralisation of the three parts of knowledge, will and love.
d) Purify the mental being
Liberate the soul from ego
Liberate the nature from dualities and gunas
Act in faith
Rise to Supermind
e) Move from mind of ignorance to mind of self-forgetful knowledge and reach finally mind of knowledge.
f) Become integral by becoming:
full of ananda
powerful in spirit over matter
g) Consecration renunciation dissolution of ego.
realising witness Purusha realising universal Purusha reaching the Transcendent raising the nature to Supermind.
h) Give up desire, ego, mind and rise to Supermind.
i) Destroy desire, release pranamaya purusha,
Destroy ego, release the psychic,
Abolish the mind and the vital and let the psychic concretise
itself as Supramental substance.
j) Go into the depths from the surface.
Locate the psychic in the subliminal.
Rise to higher mind, etc. and finally to Supermind.
k) Move away from Swadharma to Swabhava to Swarupa and
l) Shed the seven ignorances:
Cosmic Ignorance and
Original Ignorance. &
229) Human perspective is the perspective of the self. It is a selfish perspective. Except for the rare few, and except on rare occasions, man takes only a human perspective of things. It is: I am right, others are wrong. &
230) The universe concentrates itself in the individual:
The stages of its concentration are
Spiritual enlightenment and
Evolutionary effort. E
231) Going into the psychic being one has moved away from the Prakriti, rather the surface being. &
232) Surface is mainly Prakriti. Depth is mainly Spirit. &
233) Motives belong to the Ego. The psychic has no motives except a natural movement towards the Divine. &
234) If you want the constant Presence of the Divine, you must be perfect at the human level.
Perfection at the human level demands effort at the maximum capacity which breaks the boundaries of ego.
That maximum effort must be taken from the right side of human personality. E
235) Consciousness evolves through forms to higher levels and the evolution collects in essence.
Forms persist as obstacles. Withdrawing the forms and structures from the body and leaving the essence is our yoga. E
236) Mental, vital, physical forms and structures withdrawn from the body leaving the higher evolved essence in the body is YOGA.
(This is Krishna, not his army). E
237) Disproportionate progress: a great progress for a little effort comes when your effort acts as a catalyst in an atmosphere of progress. &
Social blindness is unable to see the social opportunities for a higher psychological effort.
Psychological blindness is inability to see or understand or comprehend the shortcomings which we enjoy now. Spiritually, one will be blind as long as he is awake either psychologically or socially. T
239) Going to the depths from the surface can be done in several ways. In a higher sense all are the same or similar.
i ) by a single-pointed concentration that moves towards trance.
ii) by giving up thought, emotion and the organisation of the physical consciousness
iii) by the consecration of thought, feeling and sensation.
iv) by silence.
v) by giving up all grand schemes or ideas.
vi) by the force of will or dissolving it. T
240) When a work stalls for a long time and prayer too does not move, analyse that work comparing it with another successful work on attitude, skills, alertness, values, etc and you will quickly spot out the obstacle or the missing link. T
241) The opposites meeting, instead of receding, produces a result in practical life. E
242) Prayer and offering = service. T
243) Sensitivity is the knowledge of the physical. T
244) The process of wish fulfilment is not known though we know the result. The will in the wish and the will in the atmosphere are the same, the one being one strand of the whole which is the other. Of the three wills, the mental will is the most feeble. The vital and the physical will can accomplish much more. This yoga tries to bring out the spiritual will in the physical to bear upon the physical organisation of the world. T
245) Man is not constituted to know what he gets from the Divine, even as a child does not know the value of what you give him. Therefore he is unable to feel grateful. T
246) When the consciousness rises above the Desire, all the desires are fulfilled. T
247) Mental occupation or preoccupation is a symptom of incapacity to accomplish what occupies the mind. T
248) The capacity of man to worship as an ideal the very thing he professes to detest is complete. T
249) Man accomplishes by breaking with the past. He tries to organise the new accomplishment on the lines of the past! T
250) Mother speaks of the mental gymnastics in which man delights; mans social equations in his own feelings where he constantly evaluates himself against others and compeers similarly keep him tethered to that level; the physical man is hands-on all the time. These are the ways in which the mind, the vital and the physical cling to their own planes. T
251) The great projects which Mother says when given up will initiate great experiences, are the mental mans way of being hands-on. &
252) Nothing in this yoga is an abstract argument. Everything is felt inside as a sensation or is seen outside as an act. &
253) Symptoms, omens, prophesies, etc. are only indicative for the devotees, not conclusive, since as soon as they invoke Mothers Force, the atmosphere changes and new symptoms, new omens, new prophesies appear. It is conclusive only to those who believe in it and those who have no access to Mothers Force. &
254) All men during the journey of progress move from one plane to another. Just before the transition the hold of the previous plane will insist as a tiny but persistent habit or temperament or even an event. Man has the resourcefulness to conceive the resistance of his nature as an ideal to aspire for. T
255) The body works to achieve a result.
The vital energises the work.
The mind thinks to understand.
It is enough that the consciousness is CONSCIOUS to achieve its result.
The result for mental consciousness is understanding; for the vital consciousness it is energy and for the physical consciousness it is work.
For the Being it is growth either in life or growth in spirit which is evolution. T
256) It is difficult to consecrate danger. We never think of consecrating desire. Either in doing or thiking, man seeks to enjoy desire. Though difficult, it is necessary to consecrate desire. T
257) Altruism is for those who are unable to overcome the externalised ego. T
258) That which crosses the surface into the depths is concentration. The rest is a preparation. T
259) Exhausting all your energies in moving towards the Divine completes ones yoga in the first step. T
260) While you are executing a big project, if you face an insoluble tangle, you can find its psychological symbol inside. T
261) The same symbol and the same tangle will face you even in small projects. T
262) In the smallest of your works that symbol and tangle will be there. It will be there even when there is no work at all. T
263) Insoluble tangles in work are not dependent on the size of the work. They are psychological realities that exist in works big or small and without any work too. T
264) When man gives up lower life in preference to the higher, he finds all that he had given up is there in the higher life in its higher version. T
265) Devotees can be classified as follows:
1) Those who pray for material benefits.
2) Those who pray to raise their social level.
3) Those who wish to ethically organise their lives.
4) Those who wish to serve the TRUTH.
Devotees of prayer; devotees for organised life; devotees of ethically organised life and sadhaks of Truth-organisation are 4 levels.
1) They get 90% of their prayers fulfilled.
2) They move to the next social level and are as prosperous as their organisation permits.
3) Their ethical values are fortified by life.
4) They rise above the need for prayer and organisation and are simply established in Mother as sources of prosperity, ethicality, social prestige and solace to others. T
266) Often we see instantaneous results; often we see the result unresponsive. We wonder why. It never strikes us that results arrive in response to our sincerity. Man desiring his insincerity to be rewarded is universal. T
267) Trying to solve ones problems oneself is self-reliance, a noble attitude in men. To do so without experience or knowledge lands one in disaster. T
268) Mother charges Her devotee with Her consciousness and Love by writing to him. E
269) To rise above the joys of the psychological personality is to raise the human to the Divine. E
270) Successful human relationship is the one where the other is fully dependent on you even when you completely forget him. To convert it into Divine relationship, behave as if you are completely at his mercy, whims and fancies. It will educate you in the resourcefulness of the dark realities of the human nature. T
271) Falsehood and Truth have the organisation of the same efficiency in the opposite directions. Man tries to accomplish with either organisation. It works up to a point, not when he crosses the border. T
TRUTH CANNOT BE SERVED BY THE ORGANISATION OF FALSEHOOD.
Organisation of falsehood EXPLOITS the lack of information, gullibility, credulousness and the inhibiting high culture that prevents him from stooping low for its purpose.
Just now that area is wide, wide enough to bring the 4th millennium now. It is Mothers Service to give that knowledge to the world in the collectivity as well as in the individual. T
272) We know everything is Gods will. Still we do take serious interest and responsibility when we come to serious matters. To push that line is a yogic exercise. &
273) It is through values that the universe comes to us. We can reach the universal consciousness through values. E
274) Several ways to secure what we long for and know to be our desert.
i) intense prayer
ii) emotional saturation of yearning
iii) understand the entire process of its coming to you
iv) full detachment
vi) withdrawing your souls interest from it. E
275) When the problem lies in the depths and the prayer is on the surface, prolonged prayer evokes no answer. T
276) Mothers body knows things FULLY. Earlier Her Mind and Vital knew that. They knew nothing was impossible. To know a thing fully means to know nothing is impossible. E
277) Do we know anything fully? Do we know that nothing is impossible at any level? Then let us begin there. E
278) We know our routine work fully and at that level almost nothing is impossible, BUT we know it unconsciously. T
279) Then to become conscious of the level where anything is possible is the first step. T
280) We are presently vitally (conscious or) unconscious. To become vitally conscious is the first step. To become vitally conscious we must give up desire and the pranamaya purusha must be released. E
281) The whole thing boils down to HIS first step, viz. abolition of desire. If we cannot abolish desire as such, we can abolish it in one ACT and become conscious of the ACT, i.e. release the psychic in the ACT. E
282) To release the psychic means the ACT must quicken, enliven itself, energise fully. It moves into the fourth dimension. E
283) To focus on the psychic of one ACT till the psychic is released is then the PRIME MOVE, which means we must envelop that act with unselfish generosity of full expansiveness. T
284) Physically the number of people calling on you can reflect the state of concentration you are in. T
285) Judging the IDEAL by the standards of selfish benefits is a fixed behaviour. T
286) Soul should forget all its woes. Should the soul forget all its joys too?
The soul has neither joy nor sorrow. Its taking them on is its woe. The soul should be free, not taking anything on itself. E
287) Full souls receptivity to Grace can be overlaid with organised selfish perversity of falsehood. T
288) Dissipation in filth may be overlaid with higher consciousness that prevents even mosquito bite. T
289) In the name of surrender to the HIGHEST man mostly surrenders to unknown evil eschewing the known evil. T
290) Ensure that which is the HIGHEST is also the SWEETEST to you and you yearn for it as you have always yearned for the dearest in life. T
291) Partiality is to wrongfully support someone for our benefit. T
292) To support someone who appears wrong in the eyes of others while God ordains it is not partiality, but to obey God. E
293) To desist from it or to hesitate to act so is to be socially conscious and to be insincere to God. E
294) We restrain ourselves to acquire manners. We control desire to become cultured. We must learn to transcend ego and mind to become spiritual. T
295) When you move towards Mother, the world moves towards you. T
296) An outer difficulty can be turned into an opportunity by an outer discipline. To change an inner difficulty into an opportunity, discipline is not enough; aspiration is needed. T
297) Desire is not abolished. In fact, it is sublimated and fulfils itself at a higher level. E
298) To make oneself scarce is the trick of smallness. It will strengthen falsehood. T
299) On the best of days the worst happens. We must learn to appreciate both. T
300) It is with Mother we start an activity. It
is with Her we finish it. T