Series I 101-200
201-300 301-400 401-500 501-600 601-700 701-800 801-900 901-1000
101) Opinion is will accepting the knowledge. Vital taking the minds direction for action is attitude. Body willing to be guided by the attitude is Power.
Being, with the sanction of the spirit, endorsing the Power of the body that includes the vital attitude and mental knowledge is VALUE. T
102) Goodwill for one or a few can be selfish goodwill. For goodwill to be selfless, it must go towards all. T
103) Not to know that what advice you are offering others applies to you is mental unconsciousness. T
104) Money value, selfish values and false values rule life. Those who genuinely try to come out of them resort to these values for the sake of others. Even then it is not for the sake of others but only for their subconscious sake.
Values given up by the surface will be followed by the subconscient and it will justify them as if it is for the sake of others. T
105) Comprehension of the body is omnipotent. Find out your level of comprehension and the next level for you to move into. T
106) Adverse forces come to you in life as tricks played on you. Find out the type of trick you will fall for. E
107) Presently nature is creative, endowed with an organisation for manifestation. Each level of transformation with reasonable people; unreasonable people exhibit their resourcefulness in the negative direction paralysing reason.
Power succeeds up to a point; beyond that it succeeds only by suppression.
Realisation makes the other reasonable giving them the power to transform. E
108) Will is born when the mind wants to act. T
109) Bodys comprehension is through sensitivity. T
110) Any project can be completed, if the mind with respect to the project is positive and sincere and the effort taken inwardly is spiritual. T
111) The Purusha on the surface surrenders to the Shakti in the subliminal to fulfil itself as Ishwara.
Man surrenders to the Divine in the wife to fulfil his soulhood.
We surrender to the Divinity in the child so that we in the child will be fulfilled. The child outgrows the father and when it deviates the parent pulls it up.
All civilisation and culture are possible by the higher submitting to the lower in the understanding that it submits to the Higher in the lower. T
112) A man has all the external circumstances necessary to understand the entire universe. E
113) Self-offering and self-giving are the most beautiful acts that make Time into Eternity. It is the longing of the finite for the Infinite.(Make me your own''). E
114) Reason Power Realisation
Reason prevails with reasonable people; unreasonable people exhibit their resourcefulness in the negative direction paralyzing reason.
Power succeeds up to a point; beyond that it succeeds only by suppression.
Realisation makes the other reasonable giving them the power to transform. T
115) A knowledge ends up in a work; a work expresses itself as knowledge; either may produce a satisfying EMOTION. Corresponding human personalities to the above process are dynamic men, men of mind and heart. Know what you are and seek your progress accordingly. T
116) Where there is an urge, it is an insignificant, superfluous act. If there is the psychic impulse, it is a divine act of significance.
117) Catch yourself at the moment of the greatest excitement. Consecration at that moment is great. Consecration of the excitement itself is momentous. E
118) Mind, vital, and body functioning from the surface function as partial instruments and negatively too. Functioning from the depths or expressing the spirit, they are not partial and they are always positive. E
119) Mother says She should be read in French. &
120) When a long drawn event is over, we discover that we have learnt one truism of emotion, i.e. attitude. T
121) Learning the truth of all our present attitudes to the point of changing them gives us the progress of a lifetime. T
122) When Grace comes: Why? How? if asked renders you unfit to receive it. And Grace often comes from your boss whom you may not like. It comes in the shape of a disagreeable order. E
123) There are individuals and institutions on earth who constitute the nucleus of Mothers Ideals to fulfil themselves. Only that their attitude is SILLY. T
124) In essentials quantity is an illusion. One horse power motor and 100 hp motor work on the same principle. All atoms are constituted similarly. Quantity assumes importance only in the inessentials of outer appearance. T
125) He who did tapasya all his life for the eternal joy of the Earth, had a sad face all the time. E
126) Try to make the IDEA that there is no suffering in the world REAL to your entire mind. The mind will take on a spiritual dimension and will pass into joy. E
127) Education changes behaviour and manners. Experience changes character. T
128) Man possesses his world and the things in it as the property of his Ego. He will be possessed by God and all HIS possessions when he sheds his Ego. It is a spiritually revealing decisive moment in ones life when the surrender is accepted by his being. T
129) Such moments are heralded by the opening of the inner being more than concretely visible to his naked eye. T
130) Faith is expectation based on a fact. Superstition is expectation based on desire. (E.g. when a brilliant boy secures 23% you ask for revaluation and he gets 83%, while a foolish boys revaluation confirms 23%). T
131) Mother is looking for the KEY in the physical. What is the key in the vital or mental? Can we think of the KEY at any level? from poverty to wealth, illiteracy to education, from backwardness to sophistication, stagnation to progress? T
132) Sri Aurobindo wrote the aphorisms to get over his Christian education. Each one of us must get over the mentality of the modern man. &
133) Shifting from unthinking information to thought is a mental leap, the difference between the scholar and the thinker; the inexperienced but informed public and the expert in the field. [In court procedures this difference is there between an informed citizen and the lawyer's clerk.] T
134) The best form of knowledge for the physical mind is analogy,
the thinking mind is argument or law,
the vital emotion is harmonious feeling,
the vital sensation is excitement,
the physical body is skill or power or a feeling of fullness,
the higher mind is silence,
the illumined mind is vision,
the intuitive mind is direct knowledge,
the Overmind is the Formulated Form,
the Supermind is the triune truth of each in all, all in each and all as each. T
135) Justice of a higher plane becomes injustice in a lower plane, especially when the recipient is negative.
Divine Justice is human injustice for the infrarational. T
136) Emotional arrears settling ancient scores, acquitting well before old rivalsindicate the depth of our weaknesses. T
137) At a time the being is on the threshold of a new spiritual experience, emotional arrears rear their heads asking for redressal with the result that the new experience vanishes and the arrears remain arrears. E
138) Not lingering on to the past, opens the way for the future. T
139) The progress of the MIND is determined by the positive clarity of the EMOTIONS. T
140) Transformation is doing what we do out of desire for a desireless motive. Man coming forward to do all that he does today out of a lower motive for a higher motive is transformation. E
human motives into divine motives is transforma-
142) Most successful human relationships are based on a) relating to another on his values and, b) being stronger than the other man in his own terms. T
143) When a problem remains unsolved, it means we have no faith in Mother with respect to that problem. T
144) In our own circumstances, if a big project remains unfinished in spite of Mother's support, it means that our effort or aspiration or clarity is incomplete. T
145) When the desire for action ceases, desire for knowledge rises. Desire for knowledge does not rise as long as the desire for action survives. T
146) Great experiences await for the desire for knowledge in man to die. &
147) Duality gives an intense enjoyment even as hatred is intense. One rises above duality when one no longer needs the lower intensity. T
148) The mind wants to understand. The vital wants to possess. The physical wants to repeat.
Capacity that does not want to understand raises you above the mind. Absence of desire to possess frees one from the vital. Incapacity to repeat or a wish to repeat grants freedom from the physical. All these release one from nature enabling him to centre in the psychic. T
149) To treat petty behaviour magnanimously, one needs true magnanimity. T
150) He who aspires for progress in all, progresses. T
151) He who has not progressed will be one who is offended by the progress of others. T
152) Self-justification will effectively prevent progress. T
153) Self-criticism opens the door for progress. To feel all that you are is fully right ensures your present position. To know all that you are now is insufficient ensures progress to the next stage.
If you want to progress to the maximum limit of your possibilities, you must know anything short of it in you, i.e. any quality that is unbecoming of that higher possibility is an error, a defect, an insufficiency.
Progress is to endeavour to acquire it. T
154) Therefore, know your maximum, set a goal and examine your present qualities in the light of that. T
155) Anger is the vitals claim of a non-existent right. Raudram, the anger of the divine, necessitated by the evolutionary movement, is the power that destroys illegal claimants. T
156) Anger is impermissible in man. Raudram (anger) is permissible by God. T
157) The urge in us is the movement of Prakriti. The mental urge is the curiosity to know which is rare.
The vital urge is to accomplish which is widely prevalent.
The physical urge is to preserve, which is universal and fundamental. T
158) When you offer something great to another person, he flings it back at you, often with an insult. T
159) The externalised ego practises altruism and meets with the ego of the other. E
160) Each time an impulse to offer to another arises, offer that impulse to the inner Divine. That way Ego dissolves and no one can insult you. T
161) Desire to give or desire to get is only DESIRE as far as yoga is concerned. T
162) Inescapable pressing human needs like food, sleep, sex, etc. are so only when there is no higher attraction. Presence of higher attraction blunts these needs or sublimates them substantially or fully. T
163) The world for you is those around you or those who matter to you. T
164) In practice this world contains only a few people representing your security, happiness and esteem. In every domain only one qualifies to enter your world. T
165) In the REALITY of our personal lives, our world in the sense of occupying our minds constantly is the person with whom we relate most. Often it is a personal friend or a secretary or a driver or a cook. Your interest makes your world. T
166) A prayer is often, maybe always, a move to deflect God from HIS appointed course, because it is a wish of the person different from that of God. E
167) God, in granting mans prayer, agrees to be deflected from HIS purpose and even defeated in HIS endeavour to bring the human soul back to HIS path. E
168) God fulfils HIMSELF by defeating HIS purpose. E
169) In each plane that which generates Joy is right. T
170) Often what is wrong in a plane when it rises to the next higher plane becomes right. Equally in the plane below too it changes character to the opposite. E
171) Fulfilment comes from overflowing energy. Energy of the same plane gives lower fulfilment; energy of the next higher plane gives higher fulfilment. E.g. 1) Stomach is full with food food served with affection. 2) Mind is filled with thoughts silence fills the mind. T
172) Maximum knowledge, maximum positive enjoyment, maximum of organised skill in work in any plane is the DIVINE of that plane. T
173) Magnanimity cannot relate to meanness without getting its touch in one form or other. T
174) Detachment: Endurance and indifference lead to equality. One who practises detachment can become indifferent at the first stage. Only when the indifference really leads to breaking away from the object of attachment, the other changes the attitude and relates rightly making equality real. E
175) Idealism helps one rise from one plane to another. Having reached there, it is pragmatism that helps one maintain himself there. T
176) Your level of consciousness is indicated by your compeers and rivals. E
177) The capacity to make up something for the occasion can either be expressive of utter truth or utter falsehood. T
178) A precondition for silence is all thoughts must stop. Another is the desire to speak must go. T
179) Human life and values are of a lower organisation. In the higher or positive side of it, man enjoys. In its lower or negative side, man suffers.
Life Divine is a higher organisation. Even there, there are the lower and higher sides. In the lower side there man will escape the loss, punishment, etc. in the physical plane while in the psychological plane they will linger during the periods of transition.
The best of strategies is to move to the higher side of human life and from there to the higher side of the Divine Life. T
180) The occult secret.
The universe concentrates in the Individual.
The Individual universalises himself.
The surface is the preparation; the depth is final. (Creation is prepared for in the surface and made in the depth). Moving to the depth gives Freedom to the Spirit to create 3 possibilities:
Lowest In freedom the spirit disintegrates into Nirvana.
Next The spirit forms as the individual Purusha
Highest The spirit forms as the collective Psychic
The Gita moves to the Purusha and then to the Purushothama (Ishwara) in the ascent. Sri Aurobindo moves to the Psychic and to the Ishwara making the descent possible. &
181) Consecration brings together the two ends of nature and the evolving spirit to complete the cycle. &
182) Consecration begins the ascent where nature ends the descent. E
183) Mans problems arise from the complexity of existence living as he does in four planes. E
184) I feel pride when my good looks, knowledge, and wealth are recognised. I feel humble when people recognise my good qualities. T
185) Humility adorns joy with the fulfillment of perfection. T
186) It is better to accept values of goodness instead of severe austerities. T
187) Devotion reaches grace. Faith beckons grace. Purity makes grace effective. E
188) Constant endeavour for total progress is integral yoga. Fullness is to work through all parts of the being. E
189) Surrender gives through the fullness of Love the energy that Tapas alone raises. T
190) Focussing on Mother, organised endeavour transforms itself into fulfilment of aspiring love. T
191) We are interested in the thing for which we have the energy, knowledge and inclination and whose accomplishment gives us a psychological accomplishment. T
192) "He who promises will not keep it.''
Abandoning big projects brings great experiences.
Silence in one plane gives energy to rise to the next plane. E
193) As the universe comes to us as human values, let us find out our values and their place in the scale of universal values. That helps us to move up. T
194) We make pranams to elders on those occasions when Westerners offer thanks. T
195) Sense of importance is a human conception. It is not there below humanity or above it. T
196) Work relations must be so that each is reminded of his duty. Emotional relations must be so arranged that duties are not reminded or even mentioned. T
197) Progress has two parts, ascent and descent. Man starts at whichever part is more awake. Primitive man goes from physical to mental and again mental to physical to complete it. Modern man starts with mind and then goes to the physical.
Faith obedience worship is a trio that goes from mind to body since man can start with the mind. E
198) Consecration avoids the procedure of the process and gives the result through the Light.
Consecration yields the final result in the beginning. E
199) Consecration is the basic whole unit of yoga. Consecration is yoga in miniature. &
200) How to express the all-inclusive concentration in work?
Existence is through Essence.
Expression is through values.
There are values for every stage of the work. A work begins as an idea, is developed into a policy for the organisation, the policy changes into a programme for the department. The programme is subdivided into parts for execution. It is given to production in a company to various individuals.
The idea expresses through idealism or an ideal. The programme is the idea converted into a practical reality for the organisation. Subdivision of the programme is according to the administrative values of the company.
Production is achieved by work values.
All-inclusive concentration is achieved by the yogic values of purity, stillness and ingoing movement. Tuning the existing values to express the new goal will help express the all-inclusive concentration.
E.g. Ordinarily production is governed by the
value of delivery time punctually followed. It may be accomplished by tension. Now the
same has to be accomplished by calmness. E